Based in Barcelona, Spain
19 Nov, 2014
Apple App Store
Dismonster is a game of exploration and precision that will enable children to understand where shadows come from and to destroy the monsters they see in them.
Children are fascinated by shadows. They are a mixture of the abstract and the figurative, of mystery and imagination that naturally attract small children’s attention. Dismonster uses this appeal to enhance the learning process through play and fun. As well as working with feelings, children will practice concepts such as figure/background, sizes or geometric figures and skills such as fine psychomotor skills, orientation and concentration.
How does it work?
Dismonster recreates the atmosphere of a house in the dark, when night falls and objects loom in the half-light. The app reproduces the rooms of a real house: the bedroom, dining room and kitchen, as well as the furniture and other daily objects that may be found there. Through a totally immersive experience the child can move around these rooms and interact with the objects in them. The gyroscope option also gives the player the option of seeing how their real movements are turned into movements in the game.
Fear is a natural feeling in small children. However, some irrational fears such as fear of the dark and shadows can cause them a great deal of anxiety.
One of the best ways of fighting these fears is to understand where they come from and to integrate them into the child’s reality. This is precisely the aim of Dismonster: a game of exploration and precision that will enable small children to understand where shadows come from and to destroy the monsters they see in them.
- 3 different scenes to play
- More than 70 monsters to take apart
- Progressive difficulty adapted to all ages
- Discovery-based learning
- Immersive experience
- Intuitive interface
- Pleasant and relaxing audio-visual design
- Emotional education contents
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Selected in the TOP TEN KIDS APPS by International Kids Comunication Festival "El Chupete"" Madrid, 7 July, 2015
- "We are in front of a really well- developed app and also a funny one. Its more outstanding feature is the original way they squeeze the device functions and make a fantastic and global experience."
- Alvaro Varona, Generación apps
- "My congratulations to Dabadu- Games for this app because it is very amusing for kids and a way for them to learn how release from fears at the same time as they play."
- Marcos Lopez, Peques y Más
- "Apps like this one seem to us a very good therapy for children to express fears so that they can controle them later."
- Frikids, Frikids
- "It’s hard to compare DisMonster to other apps because there’s not a lot out there like it"
- Stacy Zeiger, BestAppsForKids
About Dabadu Games
Dabadu Games is a multi-awarded Barcelona-based indie game studio. As a tiny team, we work almost handmade down to the last detail, so that’s why we like to call ourselves as “digital artisans”. We just love to make and play games.
More information on Dabadu Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Development, Level Design